Snorkel in a cenote and swim with sea turtles in Akumal in this express tour to the Riviera Maya from Playa del Carmen.
The Riviera Maya is home to some of the most beautiful and unique natural landscapes in the world that are simply made for adventure. This express tour from brings you to two of these remarkable places to swim and snorkel and be surrounded by nature.
With an expert guide and all the gear you need, you’ll delve into the jungle and descend into an underground cenote. After exploring the crystalline waters of the underworld, you’ll head to Akumal to snorkel with sea turtles in the calm bay, an extraordinary encounter in nature!
Box Lunch with sandwhich, fruit, juice and sweet
Cenote Zemway Entry
Use of Snorkelling equipment
What's Not Included
Tax marine 12 USD per person
CHILD: Age: 3 - 10
ADULT: Age: 11 - 99
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Gear/equipment sanitised between use
Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
Not recommended for travelers with poor cardiovascular health
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Face masks required for travellers in public areas
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
Not recommended for travelers with spinal injuries
Regular temperature checks for staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.
For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Experience may be cancelled due to Insufficient travelers
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
The guide who picked us up was very friendly and very helpful. He made us all feel at ease. Had a love time swimming with the turtles and visiting a Cenote.
My 15-year old son and I took this 1/2 day excursion. We thoroughly enjoyed it! Cenotes, snorkeling, and perfect amount of time. Transportation was great. We bought the photos took by the photographer and now we have life long memories.
Hernel the tour guide
Hernel was an excellent guide. He picked us up very promptly at the meeting point and time. He explained so much history and took the time to show each one of all the little parts of the caverns. He took us to three different Cenotes and told us history about each one, Tortuga, Jaguar and Tres Zapotes. Tortuga and Tres Zapotes were absolutely gorgeous and were so much fun to swim in. Both have high jump parts and Hernel videos and took pictures of our jump for us. After the Cenote swim we went to Akumal and swam with the turtles. At Akumal, another guide joined Hernel to lead the guide to see the turtles. We got see a sting ray along with some of the turtles. After the turtle swim we went to a local spot for lunch. Hernel had made a sandwich to snack on and had plenty of water and drinks for us.
Hernel is an absolutely amazing tour guide. Zak is the wonderful driver of the tour bus and did a fantastic job driving us around. An absolutely wonderful tour with the best tour guides!!
Great day at the Cenotes with a great guide.
Positives from the excursion:
- Herlan, our guide, was brilliant! From encouraging us to try different things (like jumping into the Cenote) to helping with advice and information throughout the day and taking pictures for us - He was such a wonderful guide!
- We did see a turtle which was an amazing experience. You can’t quite appreciate how amazing this is to see in their natural habitat. We also saw stingrays!
- The Cenotes were stunning and not super-cold like some of the others that we had been in. Herlan took us to the quieter areas at the start of the day which meant a beautiful, swimming experience. We won’t forget this!
Some things that could be improved:
- The pick-up and transport was a little hectic. You’re picked up and taken to Playa del Carmen and a big gift shop where you have to check in before hoping that your guide finds you. We appreciated Herlan taking us back to the hotel but if there were more people on the tour from different places - this could have taken a while.
- The food provided was pretty bad to be fair but there were plenty of opportunities to stop at convenience stores which we did to buy our own food and drink.
- The description that I read said comfortable shoes which I wore - I reality, flip-flops/sandals are more appropriate.
- Recommend brining some cash with you to tip and pay deposits for lockers etc.
Wonderful, but long day.
Would have been more stars. Harlen our guide was perfect. Seeing the turtles was incredible. But we signed up for a 4 hour cenote swim and swim with turtles. Got lumped in with group that added Tulum, and we were gone from 7am until 830 at night. Did that earlier in the week with another tour.
Our Travel guide can help you plan your holiday to Cancun by offering you detailed information on hotels, activities, golf courses and car rentals in Cancun. We offer a comparison of nearly all hotels, car rentals and activities that are available in Cancun and surrounding area with an option to make a real time secure booking. By booking in advance you are certain to have everything prepared for your trip to Cancun.